1,4-BDMT, Benzylic thiol scavenger used in TFA cleavages of peptide resins.
White to off-white crystalline powder
Store in a cool place
- 1,4 -BDMT -scavenger in TFA cleavages of peptide resins.Combining the high reactivity of aliphatic thiols with the UV visibility of aromatic compounds.
- More effective scavenger *
- Resulting in higher purity of peptides**
- Efficient in minimizing formation of peptide-t-Bu adducts
- Efficient in minimizing sulfonylation of the peptide
- Higher stability compared to aliphatic thiol scavengers***
- Suitable solubility
- Easily UV detectable
- Commercially available in bulk quantities
* Chemical yields, compared to DTT, ETT, DODT
** HPLC purity, compared to DTT, DODT
*** Chemical stability in TFA/TIS/H2O, compared to DTT, DODT
- Benzylthiols as scavengers in TFA cleavages of peptide resins
Jan Pawlas, Thomas Svensson and Jon H. Rasmussen, PolyPeptide Group, Poster at 26th APS.