Designed to limit epimerization and increase efficiency during peptide synthesis, HOBt produces activated esters during amino acid coupling reactions. Luxembourg Bio Technologies is selling HOBt in DMF solution to ensure easy of use and safe shipping.
Synonym: Hydroxybenzotriazole in N,N-Dimethylformamide
Store in a cool and dry place (2-8oC)
- Additive to coupling reactions as a racemization suppressor.
- Used in both solid-phase and solution-phase peptide synthesis.
- Ready-for-use solution of HOBt in DMF.
- 15% or 20% solution of HOBt in DMF produced to cutomer’s specifications.
- Can be shipped by air.
Advantages of using our HOBt in DMF over the HOBt as powder.
- Ready to use material, no need to dissolve, shorten production cycle and reduce cost.
- Worker is not exposed to irritating and allergenic properties of HOBt powder.
- Usage HOBt in solution eliminate a risk of powder explosion at the working place.
- Factory does not need to obtain a special permit from authorities for storage of flammable solids.
- Can replace HOBt powder in established processes – not considered as a change of production process.
- HOBt in DMF is produced to highest quality standards.
- E. Srebotnik, Kenneth E. Hammel Degradation of nonphenolic lignin by the laccase:1-hydroxybenzotriazole system Journal of Biotechnology 81 (2000) 179–188.
- Lai C. Chan and Brian G. Cox Kinetics of Amide Formation through Carbodiimide/N-Hydroxybenzotriazole (HOBt) Couplings J. Org. Chem. 2007, 72, 8863-8869.
- M. Mali, M. G. Kumar, M. M. Katariya, H. N. Gopi HBTU mediated 1-hydroxybenzotriazole (HOBt) conjugate addition: synthesis and stereochemical analysis of β-benzotriazole N-oxide substituted γ-amino acids and hybrid peptides Org. Biomol. Chem.