Designed to limit epimerization and increase efficiency during peptide synthesis, HOBt produces activated esters during amino acid coupling reactions. Luxembourg Bio Technologies’ HOBt is already sold in solution to allow for easy use and safe shipping.
Synonym: 20% Hydroxybenzotriazole in N-Methylpyrrolidine solution
Store in a cool and dry place (2-8oC)
- Additive to coupling reactions as a racemization suppressor.
- Used in both solid-phase and solution-phase peptide synthesis.
- Ready-for-use solution of HOBt.
- Can be shipped by air.
- E. Srebotnik, Kenneth E. Hammel Degradation of nonphenolic lignin by the laccase:1-hydroxybenzotriazole system Journal of Biotechnology 81 (2000) 179–188.
- Lai C. Chan and Brian G. Cox Kinetics of Amide Formation through Carbodiimide/N-Hydroxybenzotriazole (HOBt) Couplings J. Org. Chem. 2007, 72, 8863-8869.
- M. Mali, M. G. Kumar, M. M. Katariya, H. N. Gopi HBTU mediated 1-hydroxybenzotriazole (HOBt) conjugate addition: synthesis and stereochemical analysis of β-benzotriazole N-oxide substituted γ-amino acids and hybrid peptides Org. Biomol. Chem.